Monday, January 28, 2008

Character/ Handwriting

Myself

I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be for myself to know,
Always to look myself straight in the eye,
I don't want to stand, with the setting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done,
I want to go out with my head erect;
I want to deserve all men's respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and wealth
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know
That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show
I never can fool myself, and so
Whatever happens I want to be
Self - respecting and conscience free.

~Edgar A. Guest ~


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. "
Psalm 46:1




The best reward of a kindly deed is the knowledge of having done it.

~Edgar Fawcett ~

3 comments:

Sheri said...

So.... Is it safe to assume you aren't blogging here anymore?

Tracie said...

I haven't had the time. Maybe this summer I can get back into it.

Sheri said...

Thank you for all your kind words and support left on my blog. I'm really proud of my young man. :)