Saturday, November 29, 2008

Home Is Where My Heart Is

I knew I hadn't posted anything here in a while, but I didn't realize it was so long.
We made it through another season of football and soccer. Homeschool kid joined the public school band. Both boys are in wrestling now. As you moms know, that means lots of running. My husband works in the evening so I'm it.
Lately I've been feeling pretty irritable and depressed. There is always so much to do and so little time. I would quit my job in a heartbeat if I didn't need the extra cash.
My heart and mind are here at home. I think of everything I could be doing with my daughter (almost 3) and my homeschooled son (10). I have felt boards to make and folder games to play - art projects - theatres - museums.
I've been trying hard not to slip into a self pity mode, but I truly hate the way things are. I'm usually hopelessly optimistic, but something's gotta give here. I'm worn out.
When I read blogs of women who have military husbands who are deployed I'm ashamed of myself for whining. At least I have mine around to watch my kids while I'm at work and help with homeschool. But...but ...but I so resent having to work when all I want to do is be a wife and mom.
I'm working on paying some bills off, and when that happens I'll be home where I belong. I pray it isn't much longer.

4 comments:

Amy© said...

Don't be ashamed for whining--that's what a blog is for sometimes! I'm sorry you're not home. And don't be feeling guilty cause my hubby's deployed. I feel guilty when I read blogs of moms who don't get to stay home! I'll pray it isn't much longer too.

Lenora said...

Hang in there... I feel very fortunate to stay home during the week and be with my kids... I still MOAN AND GROAN about things.. Ha Ha... this just whipped me back in shape!! :D Hugs

Tracie said...

Awww - thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have been feeling the exact same way lately. As much as I love the kids in my daycare and making the extra money I truly miss just staying at home with my own kids. It is frustrating to see all the activities and field trips for homeschool children and I can't go. I feel like I am neglecting my kids most the time. I even thought of sending them back to Public School because I worry so much about their education. I quickly changed my mind when our 14 year old neighbor came over to tell us that in science class she watched a classmate beat another classmate so bad that he is in the hospital with his mouth wired shut. I feel like I am not doing enough for my girls. So the bottom line is you are not alone. I think every working mom feels the same way at some point in her life.