Friday, February 27, 2009

Updating

I keep thinking I will do a better job of blogging. It's hard to find the time, and I have a problem with a pinched nerve or something in my neck. Typing is painful and my hands are numb most of the time. I have an MRI scheduled for next weeks so hopefully I'll finally get whatever it is fixed! It's been misery on and off since May. On top of that - my butt/hip still hurts from when I fell down my porch steps Christmas eve. Oh, and I've had a cough and sore throat for forever. They gave me antibiotics and I got worse. They gave me allergy meds and I got worse. I HATE going to the dr. I'm really very weird about it. I think you could call it a phobia. And I rarely do go, but the past few months I've gone about 5 times.

On a more positive note, my husband had back surgery earlier this month. He's doing great! He had a herniated disc and suffered for two years before he decided... no HAD to get it taken care of.


We got our Sunday school started up again! Our church had some problems and things really fell apart, but there are signs of new life. I thought about finding a new church so many times. I prayed a lot and just didn't feel led anywhere else - so I stayed. I'm still not sure that I will stay at this church long term, but for now it's right. My heart just melts as I watch little ones (including my 3 yo) learning the Bible through stories and songs.

Public school and homeschool are both going smoothly. Although I really feel a nagging sense of... of what?? - maybe guilt or conviction about my oldest being in public school. There is just sooo much wrong with all of it. I'll eventually get to my second part of public school prisoners and explain some of what I mean.

No comments: