Sunday, June 24, 2007

Relief

Since we made the decision to homeschool one of our children, I feel so relieved! Our oldest is staying in public school (for now - his choice) and our youngest is too young. Having my oldest stay in school is a stress, but I still have this enormous sense of relief! "School" never felt right. I always hated sending them. I was never happy when summer was over, and Christmas break was never long enough. But that was ME and I needed to do what was best for them. That meant letting go....or so I thought. I know I'm not the only one who felt like I was somehow hindering my children's development, either socially or academically, if I didn't send them off when "everyone" else does. " I don't want them to be behind. - They need the structure. - The socialization - they need to be around other kids." Yep, I told myself all of that....and I believed it. If I only knew then what I know now.

No comments: