Saturday, November 17, 2007

Even The Worst Homeschoolers ....

I recently listened to CD by Dr. Jay Wile. It was very interesting. In particular, he explained why even the worst homeschoolers are still better off than publicly schooled children.

Thus, I recommend that you homeschool your child through high school because
your child will LEARN MORE. That is almost a guarantee! Before I leave this
point, let me make it clear what this graph means TO YOU. Let's suppose you are
a BAD homeschooler. What will that do to your students' academic scores? It will
pull them down. If you are REALLY BAD, it might pull them down so much that your
students have THE SAME SCORES AS THE PUBLICLY-SCHOOLED STUDENTS! In my opinion,
you have to REALLY TRY if you want to educate your children as poorly as the
public schools do!
This is from an interview - a lot of the same info that is on the CD. You can read the entire interview here.

No comments: