Wednesday, July 9, 2008

$ Frugal Tip $ - Freezer Meals


Preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them can save you time and money. When I find a good sale on chicken or ground beef, I buy enough for a few months. I prepare a variety of dishes, or at least do some of the prep work, and freeze it. For example, I make 5 pounds of sloppy joes at a time and store it in 5 - 1 lb. packages. When you are hurried or not feeling well, just pull it out, put it in the crock pot and call it supper. It can be a life saver. I've been doing this on and off for a few years thinking I'm just about brilliant for finding a way to make my life so much easier. Then....I find out lots of people do this. They are more methodical than I've been. They call it Once A Month Cooking or OAMC. Who knew?

I'll share some recipes and ideas over the next few weeks.

No comments: