Monday, July 7, 2008

Garden


With the ever rising prices in mind, we decided to plant a little garden this year. It hasn't gone exactly as planned, but that happens when you have little hands helping. My sister gave us tomato "cage"thingys. I hate them. Must be why she gave them away. : ) I think we'll stake them next time. We also planted some green peppers, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, cantaloupe, corn, peas, and various green beans. Not that all of that stuff is growing now, but we did plant it. We had terrible luck with the cucumbers. I think we have one or two plants left. We have exactly ONE carrot growing. It stayed cold here in the northeast for a long time this spring. I'm not sure if that's what the problem was. Still, that's what I'm blaming it on. But hey, our corn was knee high by the 4th of July. I guess we're doing okay.


No comments: