Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sleepovers - Make Toast!

My 13 year old son had 4 of his friends stay the night in a tent in our yard Monday night. They aren't scrawny, little, awkward boys. They're football playing, almost man sized, lets-see who-can -eat -the-most kind of boys. They devoured three loaves of bread, two pounds of cheese, a jar or two of sauce (mountain pies), a pack of hot dogs/buns, a dozen of eggs, half gallon of milk, case of soda, 2 qt Crystal Light, some bottled water and two bags of chips. I'm quite certain they would have eaten more if I would have put it out.

Last night my 10 year old had two kids over. They don't eat much at all. Partly because they are younger and smaller - partly because the bigger kids ate it all the night before.

I learned something though. They all love toast. All I heard was " Mmmmm. I love toast. That was really good toast! This toast is so good. etc." IT WAS JUST PLAIN TOAST! I did put a shaker out with cinnamon and sugar, but they liked the plain buttered toast as well. I highly recommend serving it at your next sleepover. It's a crowd pleaser, and keeps them quite for a good half an hour!

No comments: